The Galion City School District will host its annual open house event for the 2017-2018 school year on Thursday, August 17. This event is designed to give students and their families the opportunity to meet teachers, get acclimated with the buildings and prepare for the new school year that begins August 21.
Students and their families are encouraged to bring their school supplies to the classroom during the open house events. Times for each building are as follows:
Galion Primary & Intermediate School
- Preschool, Kindergarten, Third Grade students: 4:00-4:45 p.m.
- First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Grade students: 4:45-6:00 p.m.
- **Class rosters at each building will be available at 8:00 a.m. August 11
Galion Middle School
- Seventh and Eighth Grade: 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Sixth Grade: 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Galion High School
- Freshmen: 6:00-8:00 p.m. (freshmen will pick up their devices)
Students with signed Acceptable Use Policy forms can pick up their devices as follows: Grades 10-12 – 9-11am and 1-3pm, August 16 and 18; Grades 3-8 – week of August 21. Acceptable Use Policy and other important district forms can be downloaded at /parents/district-forms.
For more information, contact the Administrative Center at 419-468-3432. Additional back to school information can be found on the district’s website at www.galionschools.org.